I've recently been playing with gift boxes and flowers.
I'm sorry but the colour of this box is very 'punchy' so you may need your sunglasses.
I think I'm missing summer already, I really do hate these dark, wintry days!
CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A CLOSER VIEW
The box measures 45mm high x 85mm wide.
(1 3/4" high x 3 3/8" wide).
I inked the edges of the box and lid with VersaColor 'Burgundy' ink.
The flower centres are made using the Woodware punch 'Splat' - I love that name, sounds like it's straight out of a comic book!
A snowflake punch would work too but it wouldn't sound half so good.
I've included a printable template for the flowers at the end of this post.
Here's how I made them:
I printed the template onto 'Stampin-Up' orange card and cut out two large (layered them together for extra dimension), one medium and one small flower
1) Using the rounded end of a Sakura gel pen I curled the petals by running the pen from centre to tip of each petal a few times. I used my Wizard embossing mat for support.
2) Using a small embossing tool I scored three lines on each petal.
3) I inked the petals lightly, using a piece of sponge and VersaColor Burgundy ink then dabbed the ink pad directly onto the petal tips (to give more depth of colour) and blended using the sponge.
4 & 5) I curled the petals even more by holding each petal between my thumb and a pricking tool handle and rolling up.
6) Using the Woodware 'splat' (did I tell you I love that name) punch, I punched from copper mirror board then applied gemstones.
7) Finally I attached this to the flower centre - simply glued it.
Three layers of fantasy film with some fantasy fibre sandwiched between and ironed to fuse.
The leaves were punched using the Woodware grass punch.
I dimensioned by running my thumbnail down the centre of each leaf and nipping the tips.
Flower - A4 Sheet Download
Click on the image to bring it to full size then save.
There's a downloadable template for this box on 'crafticious'.
Thank you for visiting.
BIG WARM HUGS TO ALL OF YOU!